Kurogo Mobile Conference

April 6th, 2017 by Erick Beck

I just returned from the Kurogo Higher Ed Mobile Conference, and had a wonderful time.  This is a conference hosted by the vendor for our university mobile app.  While open to everyone and technically not specifically about the app, the majority of the attendees are current or prospective clients.  This meant plenty of new people to meet, see how our peers are tackling the same problems we are, and share ideas.

Rather like my first experience at HighEdWeb, I quickly discovered that almost all of us are in the same boat.  No matter the size or makeup of the institution, none of of us have the resources we need yet are somehow able to produce some amazing work.  We all look out our own apps and see where we could be doing more, yet get compliments from the others who we look at and see as being so much more “with it.”

I am coming home with a lot of great ideas.  Not that the app will be taking all of our time and attention away from the overall web environment, but it is increasingly apparent that it needs to have a place of importance as one of vehicles of campus communications.  So don’t be surprised if I start reaching out to you about how we can collaborate in making this platform better…as well as how we can use it to make your content more accessible as well.

Thursday, April 6th, 2017 Mobile App