Tech Summit Review

March 1st, 2017 by Erick Beck

Charlie mentioned last week that we had a great time at the Tech Summit.  I agree wholeheartedly.  This was my third time to attend, and was by far the best.  The Tech Summit is different from any other conference you might attend.  The attraction is that it offers all of the normal track sessions, but you are attending with people that you know and work with from throughout the system.

This, to me, is the most important part of Tech Summit. It is easy enough for us to set up an appointment if we want to talk to one another here on campus, or there are social opportunities like the GoWeb presentations and meetings.  None of those approach the conversations that happened last week, though.  The casual atmosphere and diversity of attendance created a bonding opportunity that I have not experienced here in town.

I know budgets are tight, but I encourage you to consider this as your destination location next year, and to start showing your decision makers how useful and even important it can be.

Wednesday, March 1st, 2017 Miscellaneous