Making This the Place to Be

July 14th, 2014 by Erick Beck

If you are a regular follower of this site you will have certainly noticed a big pickup in the frequency of posts over the last couple of weeks. That was intentional and not just a matter of posting content about my new SEO project.

As a campus we have struggled in creating a cohesive community of web professionals. I have been asked several times about whether there is an organization that lets us share thoughts and ideas or something that we can point new employees to so that they can become familiar with our local environment. I have tried to get more activity in the uWeb group, but given our time constraints it is hard for us to get away for in-person meetings. While I won’t abandon that effort, I hope that increasing the posts here will be the next best thing.

To that end I have asked my entire staff to start adding posts. This will hopefully give the added benefit of having a broader viewpoint that my voice alone, and introduce them to you as well. Charlie introduced himself last week, and Michael has already been posting occasionally, but now the others should be following shortly.

I have also invited a few others from across campus to be guest bloggers. This will allow us to keep you informed about events and projects beyond what Marcomm is involved with. If any of you would like to similarly write about something that would be of interest to campus give me a call and we can get something set up.

Monday, July 14th, 2014 Miscellaneous