After plenty of work, and even more delays, we have launched the new version of the university mobile website.
This version is focused on usability. We took a long look at the content that people were actually clicking on and tried to make that much more visible and easy to access. This resulted in the removal of over half of the links that we had in the previous version. We hope that this then makes the site more user friendly and gets people quickly to where they want to go.
In addition to the interface redesign, we also rebuilt the entire back end. The new framework was designed to allow flexibility into the future. We now are able to use the same data sources for the mobile website and the TAMUmobile apps, which makes ongoing maintenance much easier. It also allows us to look down the road at unifying the website and the apps into a common graphical design.
No comments yet.