Where do we go this year?

January 3rd, 2014 by Erick Beck

Welcome back from the holidays, I hope everyone enjoyed the time off.

I am trying to go over my list of what we have planned for this year, but I seem to be thwarted at every turn. As many of you know, Marcomm has lost both our Vice President and Director for Marketing in the last few months. Many of the big projects that we have on the list really need to be aligned with the new people’s vision, so those are pretty much on hold until those positions are filled. If you don’t hear much from us that is largely why.

In the meantime, we do have some other pieces that we will continue working on…some of which will likely involve us asking for your input.

• Web Branding – I am pushing to get this settled within the division so that we can get an all campus group working on it. Hopefully we will have some movement within the next couple of weeks.
  • Mobile web site – We were among the first universities to have a mobile web site, which means that it is now woefully out of date. We have begun building Version 2, and will undoubtedly be contacting some of you for help in content.
  • Server architecture – We have migrated about 2/3 of our sites into the virtual cloud resource pool hosted by CIS. I would like to us be completely moved over within another month.
  • Visitor Center Registration – We are close to having Version 2 of this ongoing project finished. We are in final logic testing, and still have to finalize the administrative functions. I had hoped to go live in January, but May now seems more realistic.
  • Virtual Tours – We will continue updating content (if your area isn’t already featured give me a call so we can discuss how to get it done) and are already looking at plans for a significantly boosting the amount of features within the existing site.
  • uWeb – not an actual project, but I do want to see if we can get this organization going again. I will start trying to put something together and hopefully have a presentation for February.
Friday, January 3rd, 2014 Future Projects