uWeb Meetings

November 19th, 2013 by Erick Beck

Over the past couple of months I have been asked by several web developers new to campus about whether we have some sort of group for web professionals to meet and discuss projects, problems, and other matters. It is becoming increasingly apparent that there is both a need and a desire for this sort of thing. Those of you who have been here for a while might remember our earlier effort to revive uWeb. I think it is time that we take another stab at it.

I would therefore like to invite you all to the first meeting of the reconstituted uWeb on Friday December 6 at 3:00 in room 2406 of the MSC. We will try to meet roughly monthly after that and present on topics (both ours and yours) that affect us all.

Killing two birds with one stone, we will be talking about the SiteImprove contract that we recently signed. The vendor will be presenting the service through a live webinar and will be available to answer your questions. I know several of you have talked to me already about joining in but have to convince others who are in charge of the budget. I hope that being able to look at real sites on campus will give you the leverage that you need to show how useful the service will be. If any of you would like to volunteer your site to be one of the demos please send me the url.

Tuesday, November 19th, 2013 Ongoing Projects