The more things change…

October 5th, 2011 by Erick Beck

For those of you who may not have heard, John has left Marcomm and taken another position over in AgriLife. We have been a team for 12 years, so while I wish him the best, it has already hit me that this is the beginning of a new era for those of us remaining as well.

I will be taking over for a lot of what John had done, but the timing of his leaving actually worked out well. We had just finished the TAMUtimes project so we can look not only at moving on to new projects, but rethinking how we tackle them from a fundamental level.

As we shuffle and refill positions, I suspect the team that emerges will be quite different from the one we have been for the last several years. I can already see where we will need to be more collaborative — both within the department and with the campus community.

As we make these changes, we plan to take the opportunity to revisit our core purpose and re-prioritize projects based on a more central strategy rather than on reacting to events and requests as they hit us. There might be a bit of wheel spinning in the beginning, but I’m hopeful that the end result moves us up a step toward being more organized and more productive in creating a first-class campus web presence.

Wednesday, October 5th, 2011 Miscellaneous