Calendar Widgets

March 9th, 2011 by Erick Beck

I sent out a note earlier today to the calendar-announce email list regarding calendar widgets in the upcoming version of the calendar. I’m repeating that here for those of you not on that list. (If you aren’t on the list and have a departmental/organizational calendar on calendar.tamu.edu I highly encourage you to go to the listserv site and sign up to insure that you receive timely announcements about service updates, outages, etc.)

We are about a week away from launching the new version of the calendar. I am trying to make sure that those of you who pull event information through the calendar widgets have as seamless of a transition as possible. However – the widgets do pull directly from the code that creates the website, and some of that has changed.

I encourage you to create a test page and test how your widget will look on the new system. All of the file names/locations will rename the same, so if you simply change your CSS and javascript calls from calendar.tamu.edu to calendar-test.tamu.edu you will be able to test against the new system.

I have created a sample page that drops in the default templates. I have noticed that it is possible for local site styles to conflict with and overwrite the styles for the calendar. If that is the case for you, please get in touch with us and we can help you set up a custom CSS file to fix your issues.

Tags: , ,

Wednesday, March 9th, 2011 Calendar