It’s time for “It’s Time”

March 4th, 2010 by tamuwebmaster

The "It's Time for Texas A&M" campaign finally gets a home

As Erick noted a few posts back, we’ve done some updating to our “Campus viewpoint” on the Chronicle of Higher Ed’s website. Well as part of our redo on that, we’re going to be doing some extra marketing with them using some of our recent ads.

The ad points them to the “inside story” on a number of topics (you might have seen ads for Dr. Berry, Dr. Liu, Dr. Lee, TAMU-Q, and the like) so we needed a quick little mini site. However, I was also looking for an opportunity to try something a little different.

So, we went out and built “http://www.tamu.edu/itstime/” as a down and dirty micro site to house the elements and assets of the It’s Time campaign. I’ve been wanting to find a more robust way of doing slideshows/galleries and so I found the jQuery-based “Galleriffic” slideshow.

What I like about the way the Galleriffic developer implemented his JS gallery and CSS is that he realizes that many people in a slideshow/lightbox want the ability to add significant HTML content like links, lists, bullet points and copy. This way, I was able to render a fully realized slideshow with copy and links in a short period of time.

Ultimately, the gallery just represents the start as I think we’re going to add on to the microsite to provide a point of reference and support for those wanting to start incorporating the It’s Time theme into their web and print materials. It will have assets (like logos and templates), examples, and ways to contact DMC folks if you are wanting to create ads like the ones displayed in the It’s Time gallery.

Thursday, March 4th, 2010 Branding, Multimedia