Introducing Jeff Carouth

September 2nd, 2009 by tamuwebmaster

Howdy! Today is my second day with the amazing Aggie Webmasters team and I am very excited to join this passionate group of dedicated developers and creatives to enhance the presence of Texas A&M University on the web. A few weeks ago my colleague, Ben Floyd, told me know he found a spot on another campus team and suggested that I consider joining this team. I did not need any further recommendation. Before moving into this position I had the pleasure of working with the personnel in the Division of Research and Graduate Studies.

After reading Ben’s introductory post I realize that we share the same goals. In this position I hope to foster a desire to collaborate across campus; to share ideas, projects, and the occasional troubles; and to continue promoting Texas A&M as a leader in university web presence. I invite each and every one of you to have a conversation with me and see where we can take this great University.

My interests are in developing on open source platforms such as the prevalent LAMP stack. I find that the community behind these technologies pushes even the novice developer to continually improve methodologies and that is what drives me to innovation when a task seems difficult. That said, I do not believe that any tool is the right one for every problem and I do not hesitate to learn new tools if they are better suited for the task at hand.

Outside of my role as a web application developer I am an author, an amateur photographer, a cyclist, and a, hopefully, soon-to-be husband. I look forward to being an active and productive member of the Aggie community and hope that you will welcome me. Gig ‘Em!

The Modern PHP Workflow

Wednesday, September 2nd, 2009 Miscellaneous

4 Comments to Introducing Jeff Carouth

1. Good writing, great photos, committed cycling, (I can’t evaluate your coding) – I’m looking forward to working with you.

2. mdmcginnis on September 2nd, 2009
  3. Welcome to the team.

Are you cycling with COURTEOUS MASS SEPTEMER 2009 tomorrow?

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=127310253969

4. Monty Dickerson on September 3rd, 2009
  5. @mdmcginnis Thanks!

@Monty Thank you for the welcome. I will not be attending the Courteous Mass event. I will, however, be out on my bike around that time training for a ride in October.

6. jcarouth on September 3rd, 2009
  7. […] introductory post as an Aggie Webmaster is now on the official […]

8. New Position at Texas A&M « Jeff Carouth's blog on September 9th, 2009