TAMUMobile now available

June 10th, 2009 by tamuwebmaster
The icon for the TAMUMobile App

The icon for the TAMUMobile App

Well, as of yesterday afternoon, Texas A&M’s TAMUMobile application went live in the iTunes App Store and it looks like it will do pretty well. The folks I showed yesterday were excited about it and we’re getting good feedback.

There are still some tweaks that are ongoing. For example, when the TAMUtv sub app first opened it showed all of the content was “uploaded 39 years ago”. (I’m sorry but I don’t remember YouTube competing for my childhood attention back in the 1970s.) But we’re getting those knocked out as we see them. So if you download it, please feel free to email us at itunes@tamu.edu.

Phase 2 is also underway with the maps, courses and events sub apps going well. According to Diane (who’s working with the vendor) they are in discussions for a Blackberry version as well as others.

Once again, my thanks to all who are helping to make this possible. This really is a team effort.

Wednesday, June 10th, 2009 Mobile Web

5 Comments to TAMUMobile now available

1. Don’t suppose you’ve got your hands on the SDK for the Palm Pre? TAMUMobile for the Pre would be suhweet!

2. Robin on June 10th, 2009
  3. Robin, I don’t think Palm has released their SDK yet. Only option is web apps thus far. I think Terribly Clever can port this to Blackberry and some others though…

4. Dave Birch on June 12th, 2009
  5. A Windows Mobile version should be on the list too. It’ll be a great app for the platform.

6. Jeff on July 24th, 2009
  7. Considered porting to Android?

8. John Freeman on November 7th, 2009
  9. We’re moving away from apps in general. See Erick’s thoughts at http://webmaster.tamu.edu/2009/10/13/upcoming-a-mobile-view/

10. mdmcginnis on November 10th, 2009