Calendar Soft Release

May 27th, 2009 by Erick Beck

With a few asterisks and disclaimers, we are tentatively ready to open up the calendar to our first round of campus users.  There are a few cosmetic features that need to be fixed, but in order to meet timelines with the TAMUmobile iPhone application project we need to push it out sooner that I would have liked. Everything is functional, but there are a few bells and whistles still to be added over the next few weeks.

I will be contacting those who have already requested calendars; anybody else should send me the name of the calendar you want created and I’ll add you to the list.

One note of caution — previously I stated that Ben would be creating an import feature that would allow you to bring in your events through an RSS feed.  He did look into it and said that few calendars across campus were consistent in how they applied the RSS format, and that it would be an exercise in importing calendars on a one-on-one basis.  That being the case, we’re pulling back and unfortunately will not be able to offer the import function.  This will allow us to make us of his talents elsewhere… specifically the previously mentioned bells and whistles.

Wednesday, May 27th, 2009 Calendar