Topics of Choice?

December 8th, 2008 by Erick Beck

As we’re coming up on a new year we are taking the time to consider how to best continue use of this blog to meet your needs.  We have already identified one series of articles revolving around search optimization and use of the Google Search appliance, but what else would you like to hear? We will of course also be passing along any news we have, whether it be specific projects or general web development direction.

Based on some of our conversations with webmasters across campus, there seems to be a need for a basic primer on (x)HTML and CSS.   I’m not sure if this is the best vehicle for such tutorials, but if someone in UWeb or elsewhere on campus would like to collaborate we can certainly find a place for them. What else should we include?  Web analytics?  A rehash of accessibility issues? Microformats?

I know many of you follow the various web development lists and blogs, if you see an idea on any of those that you think would be of interest to the campus please pass them on.

Monday, December 8th, 2008 Future Projects, Miscellaneous

1 Comment to Topics of Choice?

1. I did a basic XHTML/CSS workshop for CIS and can do it in the spring for a larger audience, but I’m still not quite ready to commit to a schedule… a lot depends on my in-progress redesign and Drupal migration.

2. Stephanie Leary on December 9th, 2008