Geography Awareness Week

November 18th, 2008 by tamuwebmaster

Campus Maps Survey

Happy Geography Awareness Week!

As part of the events that are being held by the Department of Geography, I will be at West Campus Library from 10:00 – 11:30 and Evans Library from 12:30 – 2:00 giving demos of the Campus Maps web application and talking to students about the technology that makes it possible and features they would like to see in the next version.

I will be passing out fliers with a URL for the survey above and information on who to contact to give feedback on the campus maps application. I’m hoping to get at least 100 students to give us feedback on the current version and some of the features we’re planning for the next version.

I am also still working on a little PowerPoint presentation that shows how far we have come at Texas A&M with web mapping. If anyone still remembers the first version (with the static images and HTML hotspots), I have some pictures in the presentation for you to reminisce over.

So, please go to the URL above and take the survey! I’d really like to hear from people about what they want out of this application. Also, we have set up a new email address for people to send comments, corrections, and feature requests to regarding the web map: map-issues@tamu.edu.

Also, have a look over the Geography Department’s list of events they are holding! There are some pretty cool events going on all week!

Tags: , , ,

Tuesday, November 18th, 2008 Campus Maps