Higher Education Web Symposium

March 31st, 2008 by Erick Beck

I have completed registration and am now set to attend the Higher Education Web Symposium at the University of Pennsylvania July 15-16. Even though this is not one of the nationally known events, I look forward to attending.

The first day features all-day workshops in four different areas: Web Form Design Best Practices, CSS Tips & Techniques, AJAX & Web 2.0, and Usability Testing. I am signed up for the CSS session, and am delighted to be able to spend an entire day doing hands-on work with the likes of Eric Meyer and Stephanie Sullivan.

I have tried to bring CSS more and more to the forefront of web design in the projects that we have published in the last year, and hope to pick up some good advice that will improve on the start that we have already made.

Monday, March 31st, 2008 Future Projects

2 Comments to Higher Education Web Symposium

1. Thanks for sharing this symposium, Erick. I think John Chivvis passed it along to the UWeb listserv a few weeks ago, too.

Do you (or anyone else out there) know of similar national or regional events geared toward Web practitioners in higher ed? I came across the HighEdWeb 2008 Conference (www.highedweb.org/2008), which looks quite relevant.

Thanks for any leads you may have.

2. Arthur Oakley on April 3rd, 2008
  3. HighEdWeb hasn’t published their agenda yet, but they seem to be the standard. John and/or I will likely be there in October.

4. Erick on April 4th, 2008